Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Color Club ~ Wish Upon a Rock Star

Color Club ~ Wish upon a rock star
Multicoloured glitter

This polish is from the brand new Backstage Pass collection, of which I have bought four out of six. I’ll be reviewing the other three as I get to try them on. I have very high expectations of them all!

I thought this polish would be opaque enough to be on its own, but when I saw the first layer, I immediately changed my mind, and decided that the polish needed a base colour. I removed the glitter from the one finger I’d put in on, and started over again with a coloured base coat.

I chose to use a green one from NYX, namely Boho, which is a pale shimmery emerald green, that I would never wear on its own. But it’s cool for nail art or as a base for something like this.


So I gave it two layers of that, before applying the “real deal”: The glitter. Just a tip: If you want to use NYX Boho on its own, I’d suggest at least three coats, as it’s pretty sheer in itself. But anyway – back to what this post is really about.


I applied two layers of “Wish upon a rock star”, and wow! The glitter is simply amazing! It’s a rainbow of colours with larger pink hex glitters. It looks as if someone had a party on my nails, leaving confetti everywhere. And it’s amazingly shiny too! It’s so shiny that when I’m in direct sunlight it looks as
though it’s made of foil.

It’ll be fun to see if it looks just as good with a different colour as a base. I imagine black, purple and pink would look fantastic too.


Opacity: 3/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 10/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

You might wonder why I have decided that this is a “not buy again”-polish, when I’m so positive in my review. It’s because the colours are a bit “too much” – there is just a bit too much going on all at the same time. But it’s really a cool lacquer!


No comments:

Post a Comment