Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Music Challenge 4: Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)


Music Challenge 4: Bad Romance (Lady Gaga)

Time sure flies when you’re having fun, don’t it? :D We’ve already reached day 4 in my music nail art challenge. I picked Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance for day four. I didn’t have anything particular in mind when I picked the song, so watch and see what I ended up with.

I let this picture inspire me:


It’s from the video she made for the song. I let the black lace over her face and the many diamonds inspire me to do this mani!

At first I painted my nails in white, black and red alternately. I used Models Own “Snow White”, Essence “Black is Back” and L. A. Splash “Fire Siren” as my base colours. I used two coats of each polish. The black is in fact a one coater, but since I was going to wait for the other nails to dry anyway, I gave that two coats as well. Here’s what that looks like – without top coat:



I like this already! :D
Then I added a little bit of shimmer to the white and the black. I used Astor’s “Nail artist glitter”. It’s most visible on the black, which is perfect, because that’s where I want to see it the most.

Here’s that step – still no top coat:


Now for the actual art. I used two stamping plates from Bundlemonster and I stamped with Essence “Black is Back”. I used BM316 and stamped a lace design over my pinkie and thumb, and BM305 to stamp a Devil’s tail on my middle finger. Bad romance, right? :)
For the diamonds I used OPI’s “Crown me Already”, and sponged that half way up on my ring and index fingers.

Then I topped it with Poshé top coat, and my interpretation of Bad Romance is complete:


I must say that I’m extremely impressed with that lace stamp. I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a detailed and crisp stamping design before!


Here are the polishes I used: 


It’s time for the verdict, girls. Let me know your honest thoughts about this, please!

Next challenge up is in three days, and we’re going to have “Firework”! I can hardly wait!!

Check out the other girls’ blogs to see how they interpreted “Bad Romance”:




Bonus link to Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance:


30 comments:

  1. Lovely interpretation! And I love that Nail artist glitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And the Nail artist glitter is a great polish to have because it can give that little extra to creme polishes :)

      Delete
  2. WOW hvor er det blevet super flot... Bliver altså helt misundelig over dine lakker :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak tak :) Hvilken har du nu forelsket dig i? :)

      Delete
    2. Jeg er forelsket i ALLE dine lakker, men LA splash fik lige mit hjerte til at banke en ekstra gang - lækker :)

      Delete
    3. I dem alle sammen! O_o Hahaha!! LA Splash'en er også lækker! Det er første gang jeg prøver den, og havde egentlig overvejet om den skulle have et nyt hjem efter denne mani, men jeg har helt sikkert ombestemt mig, så den bliver hos mig :)

      Delete
    4. Det kan jeg dælme godt forstå :)

      Delete
  3. Ejjjjjjjj! Du ved jo jeg elsker netop denne mani! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, I'm looking forward for your Smoke on the water mani :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm struggling with getting ideas to that one at the moment, so I'm glad I still got a bit of time to work out something cool :)

      Delete
  5. You did it, love it. It's an edgy and eccentric design exactly like Lady Gaga.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - then my mission is accomplished perfectly :)

      Delete
  6. I love those Devil’s tail :). You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, they're cute, aren't they :) Thank you so much!

      Delete
  7. Looooove this! simple as that, no more words needed

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I loved the lace design. Should use it anytime soon... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please do! I'm overly impressed with that design, I've never seen a design so detailed! :)

      Delete
  9. Wow that's a creative manicure! I'm impressed by your imagination :-) And I agree with you about the crispness of that lace stamp. May need to try it myself too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) I just wish I was equally creative every time :) And I'd love to see that stamp on you too.

      Delete
  10. Wow that's so creative! I'm impressed! And I agree with you about the crispness of the lace stamp. May need to try it myself ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like it! It's edgy and a bit eclectic, just like the song and the artist! :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete