Monday, October 22, 2012

Music Challenge 8: Video Games (Lana del Rey)



Music Challenge 8: Video Games (Lana del Rey)

I almost regret that I included this song in my challenge. I was totally out of ideas for it. I couldn’t think of any games that I could actually transfer onto my nails as nail art. I’ve already done Pacman so I didn’t want to do that again, Mario seems a bit too hard, and I wasn’t in the mood for Pokémon. Then I watched Lana del Rey’s video to see if that could inspire me. But seriously, I think that’s the most uninspiring music video I’ve ever seen. I am not and have never been a fan of Lana, but watching her sing just made me dislike her even more. She looks totally numb and without emotions, and that’s how I hear she’s singing the song as well. Boring! So there wasn’t any help there.

So I looked through my games to find inspiration. Nothing. I was getting a bit desperate; because there’s no way that I’m going to give up on my own challenge. And then it struck me: I’ll do this:


That’s the Playstation controller!

I started out by trying some of my untrieds: Essence’s “Sending you kisses”, Essense’s “Very Kiwi”, Rimmel Pro’s “Red Obsession” and “Aqua Cool”. I applied two coats of each, except for “Very Kiwi” that got three coats.

Here’s my skittles, without top coat:


I like all the polishes, and I’m especially impressed with the red Rimmel. It was a one coater, and the formula was fantastic. It’s definitely a winner!

Then I persuaded my boyfriend to draw the symbols on my nails. He did that with Claire’s nail art pen.

One coat of Poshé top coat and my Video Games nails were done:


This is not my best idea, but at least it’s thinking outside the box, and that was what my imagination could come up with.


The involved polishes: 

Essence: Sending you kisses, Essense: Very Kiwi, Rimmel Pro: Red Obsession & Aqua Cool
 
Next challenge up is in three days, and there’s going to be “Glitter in the Air”! I’m looking forward to some glittery nails!!

Check out the other girls’ blogs to see how they interpreted “Video Games”.



Bonus link to Lana del Rey’s Video Games:

10 comments:

  1. Nice colours and a very cool interpretation of video games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot. The only colour I'm not crazy about is the light blue. That's probably going to be a nail art blue in future too.

      Delete
  2. Hehe that's a great interpretation of the theme! It's totally a fun and cute mani :-)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you think so, because I honestly felt like giving up :D

      Delete
  3. Haha I was SO close to doing this or wii nails, but then switched to Pokeballs at the last minute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would have been super cool if you'd done the same without us knowing about it :)

      Delete
  4. I think it's a cool idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know it's not super original, but at least it's something :)

      Delete
  5. Fantastic colors, and right on the theme :)
    I see we had the same opinion on the booooring video :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) And yes, I noticed that too when I read your blog post. I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

      Delete