Sunday, September 22, 2013

Pretty & Polished ~ Tomboyish



Pretty & Polished ~ Tomboyish
Thermal polish that shifts between dark teal and sky blue

Polishes that have the ability to do something fascinate me. Thermal polishes change colour when the temperature shifts, and that looks just like magic. Allow me to demonstrate with Pretty & Polished “Tomboyish”.

The polish is teal in the bottle, but it shifted to sky blue when I applied it onto my nails. The formula is good, and I applied three thin coats to make this look the prettiest. If you use thicker coats, you might be able to get away with two coats. I didn’t mind the three coats because the drying time was pretty good. Topcoat doesn’t affect the polish’s ability to shift colour, so I applied a layer of topcoat before I took the pictures.

Dear ladies, this is what three thin coats and a layer of topcoat looks like:


Note the difference between the colour in the bottle and on my nails. Also imagine this over really long nails – it’ll look like an amazing gradient!


I went into the bathroom to see this polish do its magic. I filled the sink with cold water and dipped my tips into it. And behold – the magic happened:


Here you can really tell the difference between warm and cold:


I played with running water to see if I could create some sort of pattern, and I could! Splatters! :D


I like reviewing polishes like this – the hardest thing was to actually stop taking pictures!




Here’s what the polish looks like when it’s fully teal:


And the last picture shows half teal – half sky blue. Isn’t this just amazing?


Verdict:
I spend quite a while with my fingers in cold and warm water, so this is a pretty cool “toy”! Imagine wearing it at a party, and wrapping your fingers around a cold glass of something and then your nail polish changes colour! I like that idea!!

I’ve heard that colour changing polishes are also known to be a little thick because of the large amount of pigments used. I didn’t experience that with this polish at all – in fact, I’d like to go on record as saying the consistency was just perfect.


Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes

6 comments:

  1. You have been playing my friend - and you got a lot of fun shots of this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great fun to play with this one! :D And thanks!! :)

      Delete
  2. I love thermal polishes too :). This one is very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was well impressed with what magic this one could do :)

      Delete
  3. I actually Don't own ONE thermal polish. Must change that!! This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely change that fact! I'd love to see a thermal on you! :)

      Delete