Wednesday, October 29, 2014

OPI ~ Cute little Vixen



OPI ~ Cute little Vixen
Deep red violet shimmer

Cute little Vixen is from the Mariah Carey Winter Holiday collection from 2013. I think I bought it last spring.

I was going to an event at work and rummaged through my box of untrieds to find a nice polish to wear. I intended to find a good teal holographic, and I did looked at both Too Fancy Lacquer’s Starry Eyes and Pipe Dream Polish Memory Loss before I set my mind on Cute Little Vixen.

The formula is really good and so is the coverage. I used two coats to make it opaque and the drying time between the coats is good too. I have a love/hate relationship with OPI – some of them just don’t like me – but this one is one of the ones I really love.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat in the sunshine:


I mean, look at that shimmer!!


I added holo because I was really in a holo mood. One coat of Ellagee’s “Rainbow Syrup” did the trick. It’s such a cool holo topper, the best I’ve tried so far. It doesn’t grey the base colour much and it dries super fast! Here’s one coat over the Cute Little Vixen:


Mmm yes, that’s what I like!


I wanted to make it more festive for the event so I stamped on it. I found a swirly motif on Moyou London stamping plate “Princess Collection-13” and I used a pink Moyou (not London) stamping polish to stamp with.

And here’s my final mani:


I really like the way the holo shows underneath the stamp!


I love this!


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: I love colours like this and the finish is great!
Buy again: Yes

18 comments:

  1. Cute little vixen is really cute! Beautiful stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I really like this Cute Little Vixen :)

      Delete
  2. I like the Cute... - I saw it in other blogs and liked it instantly. The stamping pattern is nice too. Ellagee - I've noticed you like using it and no wonder, it's a very good holo topper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Ellagee is my favourite holo topper - it'll only take one hell of a holo topper to knock that off the first place! :)

      Delete
  3. It's a tru beauty - and the addition of the rainbow syrup is genius!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really love it! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the end result! And I'm so glad that I have a bottle of Rainbow Syryp in my stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, it's a nice addition to any stash! :)

      Delete
  5. Oooh girl cute little vixen is a stunning polish. Adding some rainbow syrup and pretty stamping wow. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, that is so sweet, thank you so much! <3

      Delete
  6. This is a pretty colour - I remember wearing it and like it :-) Looks amazing with the holo topper and stamping :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm really happy to hear it :)

      Delete
  7. These are just getting better!! like the base color, love the holo topper, and i'm completely smitten with your stamping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm delighted to hear that! <3

      Delete