Friday, June 5, 2015

Blackbird ~ Metallic Orchid & Glitzermaniac



Blackbird ~ Metallic Orchid & Glitzermaniac
A birthday present

Today I’m wearing two polishes that my boyfriend bought me for my birthday: Two Blackbird polishes. I am not familiar with the brand so I was excited to try them out.

Metallic Orchid is a metallic baby pink polish. It’s really opaque and covers in one single coat. I applied a second coat to see if it made a difference but it didn’t. So yes: It’s a one coater. Drying time is pretty average. It tends to show the brush strokes, just like most other metallics I know of.

I forgot to take a picture of it on its own, so let’s move on to the next step right away: The glittah!

Glitzermaniac is a clear base packed with small dusty pink glitter. I love it! I sponged glitter on the tips of my nails, sealed the whole thing with topcoat, and here’s my final mani taken in daylight:


I find it extremely difficult to photograph metallic polishes, they usually freak my camera out. These were my best shots.


Is that just a perfect couple or what?


I love birthday presents like this one!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Metallic / glitter
Overall impression: A really nice couple of polishes. The glitter works over lots of colours and I will test out if the metallic stamps.
Buy again: Yes to both

10 comments:

  1. I wouldn't normally say I'm a pink girl but that is very pretty. I especially love the glitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not usually buying this shade of pink myself, but I do like being pushed a bit once in a while :) I love the glitter though :)

      Delete
  2. I guess the metallic one can be suitable for stamping! I like the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a perfect couple, they look gorgeous together <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so nice to get polishes that fit together :)

      Delete
  4. Pretty polishes and they work well together :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's nice when it's like that :)

      Delete
  5. I also never heard of that brand before - but these two really work well as a duo...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll check out the rest of the rack next time we're in Germany :)

      Delete