Wednesday, July 6, 2016

OPI red and purple water marble



OPI red and purple water marble

I have already showed you I Manicure for Beads, She’s a Bad Muffuletta and Spare me a French Quarter from from OPI’s spring 2016 New Orleans collection. 

Today I’m using all three of them in a pretty water marble.

I have to tell you that it was quite a challenge to make this mani. The three colours look really nice together but I wanted to mix them with a silver holo, you know, for a bit of contrast. But the silver holo I used, which was H&M’s Space Race, made the other three act like little divas. They spread nicely on the water to begin with, but just as soon as I added the silver, they refused to cooperate. And at some point one of them decided to drop onto the table, spreading red polish all over the place. Yes, I’m looking at you, “She’s a bad Muffuletta!”! >:|

So – I had the silver holo on as my base. This is my final mani.


I really like the colour combo although I still think it would have looked just a little bit nicer with a dash of silver in it.


Here are the four polishes I used.



I need to do water marbles more often. I almost felt like I was losing the grip today!

11 comments: