Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Tonic Polish ~ Rainbowfish



Tonic Polish ~ Rainbowfish
Described as: tropical turquoise jelly base with linear holographic pigment, silver holographic micro glitters, pink/gold/green shifting multi chrome flakes, and a whisper of purple highlight

There’s a lot of people talking about Tonic Polish at the moment, and I had to see for myself if they are worth the hype. I bought a handful and Rainbowfish is the first one I try on.

The formula seems a bit thin but it builds up quickly and was fully opaque in two coats. The drying time is good.

Here’s two coats and a layer of topcoat taken with flash.


The two dots are made with Models Own’s Chrome Cerise.


Here’s a picture taken in ordinary daylight.


What’s the verdict? The quality is nice and I like everything that is going on in this polish. I must admit that I find the description a bit too much. I mean, “Tropical Turqouise”? and “a whisper of purple highlight”? Yeah, so that’s purple shimmer, in case you wondered. I like calling things what they are and not sugar coating them with fancy words, dahling :D

But yes. I’d buy again.

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly with glitter, flakies and shimmer
Overall impression: Pretty cool polish with a good name
Buy again: Yes

13 comments: