Monday, May 21, 2018

KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go


KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go
Blue leaning purple linear holo with UCC flakes in fuchsia/pink/green/blue/aqua

“Holo Can You Go” is a Facebook Group customs from June 2017. It’s from the group called “Holo-maniacs”. It’s a beautiful blurple linear holo and the formula is great. I used two really easy coats for full opacity and the drying time is really good.

I stamped some stars on it. I found the stars on the stamping plate “XY-B04” and I stamped with Colors by Llarowe’s stamping polish “Sparkling Diamonds”. That stamping polish is a silver linear holo but I am not thrilled with it as a stamping polish. The stamps don’t show up crisp and clear and it’s often hard to see what the designs really are. The same thing goes for the other four of CbL’s stamping polishes that I’ve got. It’s very rare for me to say something not positive about CbL’s polishes but this series of polishes hasn’t impressed me at all. I think I’m going to end up thinning them and using them as regular polishes. They are great holos, so that’d work.

Anyway, you’ll see what I’m talking about in a moment. Here’s two coats of “Holo Can You Go”, stamped and with a layer of topcoat. The photo is taken with flash.

KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go

This is the same thing in ordinary daylight. Do you see what I mean? It’s not crisp so it’s really difficult to see it’s stars.

KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go

And here’s “Holo Can You Go” alone; two coats and no topcoat yet. I took this photo with flash to show off the gorgeous rainbows.

KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go

Here are the two polishes I used.

KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go and Colors by Llarowe ~ Sparkling Diamonds
KBShimmer ~ Holo Can You Go and Colors by Llarowe ~ Sparkling Diamonds

“Holo Can You Go” was limited edition and is no longer available.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo with UCC Flakies
Overall impression: Cool colour, great rainbows, the flakies didn’t have to be there for all I care :D
Buy again: Yes

6 comments: