Monday, May 28, 2018

OPI ~ Pineapples Have Peelings Too


OPI ~ Pineapples Have Peelings Too
Gold frost with various colours of glitter

I know that several people consider “Pineapples Have Peelings Too” as the ugliest polish ever made. I’m not sure I agree that it’s the ugliest, but granted: It is ugly! A friend gave it to me for my birthday as a “teasing gift” – well thanks a lot! :D

“Pineapples Have Peelings Too” is from the Hawaii collection from Spring 2015.

I decided to at least try it on! I used two coats for full opacity. I didn’t fish for the glitter but just applied whatever came up with the brush. The drying time is pretty good.

This is two coats and a layer of “Gel Effect Top Coat” from Models Own.

OPI ~ Pineapples Have Peelings Too


I must admit that it’s not quite as ugly on the nails as it is in the bottle, but I don’t think I’d ever go as far as to call it pretty :D (My BF thinks it looks like Chicken gravy).

OPI ~ Pineapples Have Peelings Too

I didn’t really wear this so these are the pictures you’ll get for today.

What’s the least pretty nail polish you’ve seen? :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Frost with glitter
Overall impression: Well… Someone at OPI’s lab got really creative!
Buy again: Nope

4 comments:

  1. I've always thought that the biggest problem with Pineapples is that this kind of combo mostly work in a crelly base - but since this is an almost opaque, metallic polish the glitters just looks out of place. Like somebody didn't know how different bases look with glitters in them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. But honestly: It wasn't as bad on my nails as I thought it would be :D

      Delete
  2. I have this but I actually haven't tried it. I think it's a shame that this polish has a metallic base, with a yellow creme it would be lovely. I still think it's more fun than ugly though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you! I have seen way uglier polishes than this one :D

      Delete