Monday, December 16, 2019

OPI ~ You're The Shade That I Want & Polished For Days ~ Pixie Dust


OPI ~ You're The Shade That I Want & Polished For Days ~ Pixie Dust
Deep pink crème
&
A clear based topper with scattered orange to green shifting iridescent micro flakes, pink-purple-aqua-green shifting iridescent flakes and holographic flakes

I love sparkly polishes. I love shimmers, holos, duo- and multichromes. I really like metallics and all sorts of formulas. I tend to find plain crème polishes a bit boring - and that's why I really like toppers!

I started out with two coats of OPI's "You're The Shade That I Want". It's super easy to work with and covers well. The drying time is good too.

I topped it with a topper I just bought: Polished For Days' "Pixie Dust". It's super dense, more dense than I expected. There's nothing discrete about it for sure.

The stamp on top of it all is from the stamping plate "Major Dijit-54". I stamped with a metallic blue stamping polish from El Corazón: "Melody Mermaids".

Here's the final result including a layer of topcoat.

OPI ~ You're The Shade That I Want & Polished For Days ~ Pixie Dust

And this is one layer of Pixie Dust over OPI's "You're The Shade That I Want". Look at how dense it is!

OPI ~ You're The Shade That I Want & Polished For Days ~ Pixie Dust
OPI: You're The Shade That I Want & Polished For Days: Pixie Dust

This is "You're The Shade That I Want" alone; two coats and no topcoat.

OPI ~ You're The Shade That I Want
OPI: You're The Shade That I Want

Here is all the stuff I used today.


I really like the result of today's work. I like the OPI alone and I love it with the topper too.



Number of coats: 2 coats of the base colour, 1 coat of the topper
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Crème and flakes
Overall impression: Great polish both of them
Buy again: Yes to both

2 comments:

  1. The OPI is okay, but love the topper! Oh wow :-D And nice stamping too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should definitely wear my toppers more often, they are so pretty :)

      Delete