Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Walking down Memory Lane with Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed

Walking down Memory Lane with Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed
Cherry red to orange shimmer

I bought my first Morgan Taylor polish in 2013. It was magenta, it was glittery and it was "J'adore My Mani". I bought "Best Dressed" a year and a half later. I have always been fond of Morgan Taylor's polishes but they're ridiculously expensive here. I have bought most of the ones I've got on eBay. Ebay is still cheaper than here - even with postage that is more expensive than the polishes themselves.

But anyway - back to today's polish. I was in the mood for something red and metallic. "Best Dressed" is both - and it's also a duochrome, but I didn't manage to catch the shift on photos today.

I used two easy coats of "Best Dressed". I topped it with Orly's holo glitter topper "Shine On Crazy Diamond". Then I stamped a star by the base of each nail. I found the star on the stamping plate "Born Pretty & KunCat-L004". I stamped with Color Club's "Harp On It".

Here is the final result, including a layer of topcoat.

Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed
Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed


Isn't that just a pretty manicure? I love it!

Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed
Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed


Here's "Best Dressed" alone, two coats and no topcoat yet. I really like the metallic finish.

Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed
Morgan Taylor: Best Dressed


Here are the things I used today.


I was really nice wearing this beautiful Morgan Taylor again. And I keep checking out their new collections, as you might know if you're a regular visitor on this blog.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Duochrome with metallic shimmer
Overall impression: This is gorgeous in all respects
Buy again: I would!

5 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous colour and lovely mani :-D I never pay full price for MT, usually buy them in the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's pretty, but it's not one of my favourite shades; anyway, I like it with the topper on and surely the stamping makes all the manicure beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I know, but they can't all be favourites :D And thank you, I appreciate the kind words ♥

      Delete