Friday, January 15, 2021

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
A rich, warm purple with gold shimmer


"Ultimate Mixtape" is the third polish in my little blog-series of Morgan Taylor's MTV Switch On Color collection from Summer 2020. There are 6 shimmering polishes in the collection. I bought four of them. There will be links to the other polishes by the end of each post.

The formula of "Ultimate Mixtape" is great. It's really easy to work with. The coverage is great too, and I used two coats for my nails. The drying time is good.

I made three purple stripes on each nail, and three white dots on top of the stripes.

Here's the end result in the sun:


Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

The shimmer is quite amazing!

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

 

I have to show you a picture under a lamp too to show how intense the shimmer is.

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

 

Here's "Ultimate Mixtape" alone. Look at how amazing the shimmer is. This is 2 coats and no topcoat yet.

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

 
This is "Ultimate Mixtape" under a lamp.

Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape
Morgan Taylor: Ultimate Mixtape

 

Here are the polishes I used today.

 

I really like "Ultimate Mixtape", I think it's a great polish with some amazing shimmer.

 

Here are links to the three other polishes in the collection:

Total Request Red - a candy apple red with gold shimmer

Live Out Loud - Deep magenta with gold shimmer

Electric Remix - a baby blue packed with golden shimmer


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Heavy shimmer
Overall impression: Really great formula, amazing shimmer

Buy again: Yes

2 comments: