Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Morgan Taylor: Bright Side

Someone is stealing my blog content. If you're not reading this on http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/ you're participating in a stolen blog. Click on the link to go to my genuine blog, thank you. 

*

Morgan Taylor: Bright Side
Berry red jelly

“Bright Side” is probably the polish that looks most different on the nails than in the bottle. In the bottle it’s a beautiful red tone purple, really clear. On the nails it’s a berry red.

The formula is awful and patchy. I applied three coats but I still wasn’t happy with the result. I didn’t think a fourth coat would make a difference so I didn’t go there. The drying time was average.

I applied a layer of glitter on top of it; Morgan Taylor’s “Over-The-Top Pop”. It’s a mix of glitter in a pink tinted base. No matter how hard I shook the bottle, and no matter how much I fished, I didn’t get any of the big glitters on the brush.

The stamp is from the stamping plate “T” and I stamped with a baby pink stamping polish from Born Pretty Store.

Here’s the final result under a lamp:

Morgan Taylor: Bright Side with "Over-The-Top Pop" on top
 Morgan Taylor: Bright Side with "Over-The-Top Pop" on top


Here’s two coats of “Bright Side” with a layer of “Over-The-Top Pop” on top :D

Morgan Taylor: Bright Side with "Over-The-Top Pop" on top
 Morgan Taylor: Bright Side with "Over-The-Top Pop" on top


This is two coats of “Bright Side”. Look how different the colour is on the nails compared to in the bottle. It’s almost ridiculous :D

Morgan Taylor: Bright Side
 Morgan Taylor: Bright Side


And here are the polishes I used today.



I am super annoyed with the formula of this polish. It actually reminds me on an old China Glaze polish that I had similar problems with: Under The Boardwalk. Here’s a link to that post, in case you’re interested: http://rainbowifyme.blogspot.com/2014/08/china-glaze-under-boardwalk.html



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Average
Finish: Jelly
Overall impression: Awful formula, colour doesn’t match the bottle, I’m not impressed
Buy again: No way!

2 comments:

  1. Phew it does look quite different huh! It is okay on the nails but nothing special. The final mani is certainly nice though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That was tough, and I even consider to cover it with a larger stamp :D

      Delete