Sunday, September 25, 2011

China Glaze ~ Senorita Bonita

China Glaze ~ Senorita Bonita
A red-toned purple shimmery polish with tiny flecks of pink and orange glitter.

This lacquer is from China Glaze’s ‘Island Escape' collection, released summer 2011.

The colour of Senorita Bonita is actually a bit complex to try to explain. I know it sounds a bit weird that a purple polish should contain orange flakes, but the orange is so subtle that it just seems to match the purple perfectly and adds extra depth and shine to the polish. It works really well!

I’ve tried to take a close up of the nail to show the glitter and the tiny flakes to give you an idea of what the glitter is about. There’s more sparkle to this polish than there is glitter!

It took two generous coats to achieve bottle colour, and I actually found the application to be a bit on the tricky side. The first coat left quite a few streaks, but the second coat did the job and cleaned it up nicely. Drying time was also on the slow side, but fortunately I was in my patient mood that day. :)



The picture shows two coats with a layer of Seche Vite Top coat. This is only the second time I've used Seche Vite, and I really like the formula! I’m not surprised that it has gained cult status amongst nail bloggers! It dries fast and makes the polish nice, durable and shiny.

Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 6/10
Durability: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

2 comments: