Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri ~ Blue Streak

Sally Hansen Insta-Dri 12: Blue Streak.
This nail polish is, as the name suggests, a light blue with shimmer in it.

'

Sally Hansen writes that the Insta-Dri nail polishes cover in just one coat, brilliantly. I’ve never experienced that one coat is enough though - I’ve always had to apply two coats, and even then it leaves occasional bald spots here and there.

The brush is kind of big and flat, which means you can cover your nail in two strokes with it (little finger nail with one stroke and thumb nail with three strokes!)  I like the brush! I find it’s very easy to apply the nail polish with it. There’s the thing with the bald spots, but that’s more to do with the polish than the brush, to be honest.

Insta-Dri really does dry instantly, which is just perfect. I suppose it could go without a top coat, it’s shiny enough in itself - but the picture shows two coats and a top coat. And the colour is so cool, it’s like looking out over the ocean. If you put a top coat with silver glitter in it on, it’s even more gorgeous!

I probably won’t buy it again, but that’s mostly because I don’t wear blue that often. The polish itself is cool, though.

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 7/10
Durability: 7/10
Value for money: 6/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No


No comments:

Post a Comment