Sunday, November 23, 2014

Darling Diva ~ She had a fat ass then, she has a fat ass now



Darling Diva ~ She had a fat ass then, she has a fat ass now
Coral pink linear holo with golden micro glitter

She had a fat ass then, she has a fat ass now (SHAFATSHAFAN) is from the Pageant Collection. There are a couple of other polishes in that collection that have alternative names for those who don’t want their polishes to have offending names, but this one hasn’t. That surprises me somewhat, but I’m not easily offended so I don’t really mind the two asses in the name, haha!

Anyway – let me tell you about the polish. The formula is good – but I expect that from my Darling Divas by now. I used two coats for desired opacity and the drying time between the coats is good.

Here’s what two coats and no topcoat looks like taken with flash:




It’s quite pretty like this, don’t you think?





But – because there is a but – if someone had been kind enough to show what this polish looked like in lower lights, I might not have bought it. So allow me to show you SHAFATSHAFAN in low lights, and what it looks like most of the time:




It’s not because it’s not pretty, it’s just not my colour. So I paired it with another Darling Diva, which I’ve showed you before: Don’t Call me Mommy in Public which is a berry coloured polish with shimmer. If you want to see it on it’s own again, click here. Anyway, I sponged DCMMIP on both sides of the nails, leaving SHAFATSHAFAN in the middle – like a vertical double gradient.

And this is more like it. I love the way DCMMIP frames SHAFATSHAFAN, take a look:



This is much more me, right?




Here’s a low light picture to prove my point:





I should have stopped here, but unfortunately I didn’t. You see, I’ve been seeing so many great swatches of gradients stamped with black, so that’s what I tried too. Unfortunately I didn’t like the result on me, boo! I chose a flowery design from Moyou London’s stamping plate Pro Collection-15 and I stamped with NailNation 3000’s Black.


Here’s my final mani:


I want to love it, but I don’t. :/



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Linear holo with microglitter
Overall impression: Good formula, good coverage and nice rainbows. Not crazy about the colour in low lights.
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. I have 3 polishes from the Pageant coll. - but not this one as I also didn't think it would be my color...
    It's really nice tho with the sponging :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) This one might not stay in my collection long term :D

      Delete
  2. I prefer the Ass with your changes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous holo, love that the pink is so vibrant x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm surprised to say I rather like shafatasgafan. But I do like it better with the sponging! I think the stamping is quite pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was somewhat disappointed with the stamping - I think it looks so cool on others with heavy black stamping - but not on me, unfortunately :/ Thanks! <3

      Delete
  5. I think it's very pretty on it's own AND it's very pretty paired with Don’t Call me Mommy in Public :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked it with the red on the sides - that suited me sooo much better :)

      Delete
  6. Not so keen on this colour - but the name is pretty funny and made me laugh. I do like the final result though :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the name as well, it's putting a smile on my face every time I see it :)

      Delete
  7. Haha, the name! The color is beautiful, too!

    ReplyDelete