Friday, November 21, 2014

NYX and friends ~ Another layering experience



NYX and friends ~ Another layering experience

I like layering polishes to achieve new looks. I think t’s really fun to rummage through the polishes to find some that go well together. Let’s see how well it went today, shall we?

I started out with NYX Woman, a lovely dark red with microshimmer. It’s a really beautiful polish. I love the colour and the effect! Great formula, good drying time, no worries to report at all.

Here’s two coats and no topcoat:


Is it a wonder that I love this so much?


Next step: I applied a layer of Too Fancy Lacquer “Summer Flames”. It’s a neon Pink holographic, exclusively made for Edgy Polish. The formula is a bit thick, but that’s perfect for my purpose. So: One layer on each nail, and then I dapped some of it off again with cling film. That gave a pretty cool effect, take a look:


Low light picture of the same thing:


I wanted to bring it a bit more together, so I applied a layer of Catrice’s “Holo Qué Tal?” from the old and now disconnected Million Styles collection. It’s a topper that adds a lovely pink shimmer to any mani. Here’s that step:


I love the look of that!


Last step was to holofy it all, yay! I applied a layer of my favourite holo topper from Ellagee, “Rainbow Syrup” (nice name, b t w). And here’s my final mani:


I absolutely love the way this turned out!


Do you ever layer your polishes like this?

14 comments:

  1. I like the effect you created - Woman is a very pretty polish - and so is Summer Flames of course...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think it's fun to try and create new looks by combining the pretties :)

      Delete
  2. It looks very well - the NYX is so feminine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty colour and I like the shimmer. But wow the final look :-O super awesome :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you think so too, because I really like it :)

      Delete
  4. I like the outcome of your layering! I am really afraid of layering because afterwards I often have a feeling I should have used another base color...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I understand that, and I do sometimes end up with horrifying results :D

      Delete
  5. That low light picture really does show how good this one is

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does, doesn't it! I really like how this turned out! :)

      Delete
  6. You always do really creative layering Mani's . This one is no exception. I never. would have thought to do that with the holo. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sometimes fail in my layering too - it's not always that it looks as good on the nails as it did in my head, haha! But I appreciate the kind words, thank you!! :)

      Delete
  7. Wow, I love that effect!! Nice holofying too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is so nice to hear, because I really liked it too :)

      Delete