Monday, March 2, 2015

Ellagee ~ Ella-mentary Love (Ella-mental Love)



Ellagee ~ Ella-mentary Love (Ella-mental Love)
Cherry red linear holo with purple micro-flakies

Yesterday I showed you Ella-Gance which is one of two Facebook customs. I chose red with purple glitter or flecks, and Ella-mentary Love is with flakies. They are micro-flakies so they actually make the polish look red-violet. I don’t mind that at all.

The reason there are two names in the title is because the name of the polish is Ella-mentary Love, but Laura (the maker of Ellagee polishes) made a mistake and accidentally named the first batch Ella-mental Love, and my bottle is from the first batch. So there you have it: Ella-mental Love. I like that name even better than Ella-mentary Love :D

It’s a jelly like its sister and this one is also sheer.
Three coats is what it takes and it dries fast.

Here’s three coats and no topcoat taken with flash:


I like this colour even though it doesn’t show up as red.


I have to be honest though: I can’t really see the micro-flakies, not even when I turn off the flash, like here.


I added flakies myself :D I applied a layer of Maybelline’s Ruby Rays from their series of Colorame topcoats. It is a really pretty deep orange to green flakie in an orange tinted base. Here’s my final mani:


Aren’t those flakies just gorgeous?



The verdict:
It’s a pretty red-violet polish but I’m sorry that I’m not wowed by it.


Which name do you prefer – Ella-mentary Love or Ella-mental Love?

Ella-mentary Love is a Facebook custom and is no longer available.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Jelly holo with micro-flakies
Overall impression: It’s a nice red-violet colour.
Buy again: No

18 comments:

  1. I'm no fan of jelly holos, I don't see the point of another coat LOL
    It's pretty but also not wow'ing me - I prefer the name Ella-mentary Love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I really like to keep it at two coats myself :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful combo! I love those flakies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flakies are always a win in my book :)

      Delete
  3. I like it with the flash! and I have these flakies, they are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet! Especially with the flakies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Suits well together. Not overwhelming but complimenting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really nice to hear, thank you :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. They are! I should dig out some of my other old flakies :)

      Delete
  7. This is really pretty and I like that topper :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colour and the name is so cute <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. well I think it's awesome even though you weren't wowed! ;)

    ReplyDelete