Monday, July 27, 2015

Girly Bits ~ Belly Jeans



Girly Bits ~ Belly Jeans
Holographic multichrome which shifts from deep royal purple to violet, red, gold, and green

I have read that Belly Jeans works on its own in three coats, but I honestly wasn’t in the mood to test that statement. Instead I layered it over purple – except for my ring finger where I layered it over black. I wanted to see how big a difference the underwear made.

To be honest it didn’t make any difference whether I used purple or black. I can’t tell the difference.

But check it out for yourself. Black under the ring finger and purple under the rest. There’s one coat of Belly Jeans on all the fingers, and this picture is taken in daylight on a cloudy day:


Here’s a flash picture. Can you tell a difference?



It’s a pretty polish.


Here’s a light box picture.


And here are the polishes I used.

Girly Bits: Belly Jeans, Golden Rose: #37, Herôme: Montenegro

Number of coats: 1 over underwear
Drying time: Good
Finish: Holographic multichrome
Overall impression: I had a bigger colour shift in the bottle than I had on my nails. I like it though
Buy again: No

14 comments:

  1. It looks very beautiful in the bottle! On nails too but somehow the bottle hit my eyes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The colour shift is so much more prominent in the bottle than on the nails unfortunately :)

      Delete
  2. It was a good idea to layer it before you got annoyed over too many coats LOL
    It's very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. I was surprised that I couldn't tell the difference between layering over black and over purple! :)

      Delete
  3. OMG it's pretty amazing :-D <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. A. It's a a pretty polish and B. You can't really tell which base coat is which.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A. It is! and B. No, it's amazing, isn't it! :)

      Delete
  5. For my taste the duochrome effect is still enough. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it when they're more prominent, but yes, this is definitely cool :)

      Delete