Morgan Taylor, Savina, Herôme and El Corazón
I’m trying to learn all the secrets of water marbling. Today I wanted to make a mani that was red, white and black. Here’s how that ended out:
The polishes I used:
Red: Morgan Taylor’s Wonder Woman
White: Savina’s Fantasy Files
Black: Herôme’s Montenegro
Holo glitter topper: El Corazón’s 421h/25 Large Hologram
Here they are:
What I learned today:
- My black was too thick! It refused to spread. I have thinned it now.
- Red doesn’t turn out red on the nails. I’ve got a white base underneath it, and it turned out pink. I will try with other reds – perhaps a red crème is better than a red shimmer.
- El Corazón’s topper pulls on the design. Note to self: Next time use a topcoat before you add the holo goodness.
- Be patient. If the pattern doesn’t look quite right in the glass, it won’t look quite right on the nails either.
- Have lots of cotton buds available, along with acetone and old newspapers. It’s a messy affair!