Saturday, August 18, 2018

China Glaze ~ Positively In Love


China Glaze ~ Positively In Love
Dark magenta magnetic

“Positively In Love” has been in the box for a long time. I think the “Magnetix Collection” was released in 2012. It may be about four years since I bought it.

I have never really been friends with magnetics because I can’t get them to work the way I want them too. My Wycon polishes from Italy are the only ones that have been working for me so far.

I thought I wanted to try this ol’ China Glaze to see if I had luck with it.

I used two coats for full opacity. I used the magnet over both the first and the second coat, just in case. The effect was definitely there, I just wasn’t able to control it the way I wanted to. Perhaps the problem is with me and not with the polish after all, haha.

Let me show you the final result first – I topped it with a silver holo glitter from Monki. It’s called “Silvered” and it’s a lovely and easy to work with topper.

This is the final result photographed in daylight, no sun.

China Glaze: Positively In Love, Monki: Silvered

Here’s two coats of “Positively In Love” and no topcoat. The effect is good but I meant to have a diagonal “stripe” down each nail but that didn’t quite work as you can see. Oh well.

China Glaze: Positively In Love

Here are the two polishes I used today.

China Glaze: Positively In Love, Monki: Silvered
China Glaze: Positively In Love, Monki: Silvered

I am not sure I’m going to use this the way it’s intended too, but I may use it without using the magnet. It’s a pretty polish nonetheless.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Magnetic/shimmer
Overall impression: Pretty colour, nice polish, strong effect. I can’t control where I want the effect, but that’s probably my fault and not the polish’s
Buy again: No

No comments:

Post a Comment