Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony plus a bonus comparison with Crystal Baller


Color Club ~ Oh the Irony plus a bonus comparison with Crystal Baller
Blue linear holo with a metal finish

“Oh the Irony” is the third polish I show you from Color Club’s new “Halo Chrome”-collection. It’s a collection of six polishes, of which I bought five. I’m going to show you all five of them, and I’m going to link to them all by the end of each post as I publish them.

The formula is good and I achieved full coverage is two coats. I had really hoped that these polishes were one coaters like lots of the other polishes in Color Club’s “Halo Hues”-collections. The drying time is really good.

I made a simple lacy stamp on it. I used a stamping plate called XY-E01 and I stamped with El Corazón’s white stamping polish. I topped the entire thing with topcoat, which unfortunately smeared the stamp on my middle finger.

Here’s my manicure photographed with flash.

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony

Here’s a photo taken in daylight, no sun. This is the nicest of the “Halo Chromes” I’ve tried so far. The rainbows wanted to play in all lightings.

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony

Here’s “Beg, Borrow and Steel” alone; two coats and no topcoat photographed with flash. I love the rainbows!

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony

Here are the things I used today.  

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony

“Oh The Irony” made me think of another Color Club polish, namely “Crystal Baller”. I decided to compare the two.

Here are the bottles side by side. It’s “Oh The Irony” to the left.

Color Club ~ Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller
Color Club: Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller

Here they are again. The holo effect is maybe a fraction stronger in Crystal Baller.

Color Club: Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller
Color Club: Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller

This is what they look like side by side. This is a flash picture. There’s not much of a difference and I can see a difference at all when I look at them in real life. It’s still “Oh the Irony” on the left.

Color Club: Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller
Color Club: Oh the Irony and Crystal Baller

Here are the links to the other polishes in the collection. The links will show up as I publish the posts.

(Good as Gold <- I didn’t buy this one)


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really fast
Finish: Linear holo with a chrome finish
Overall impression: Great formulas and rainbows
Buy again: Yes

2 comments: