Thursday, August 24, 2017

Quo by Orly ~ Mega Orange



Quo by Orly ~ Mega Orange
Orange texture packed with shimmer

Quo by Orly was originally only available in Canada, and I got a couple of them back in the days when I swapped with a pair of Canadian girls. This orange beauty is bought in Germany though, but I’ve only seen the brand there that one time.

It’s been sitting in the infamous box for a while though but today is a day where I was in the mood for a nice orange colour on my nails.

Two easy coats is what it took to achieve full opacity. The drying time was really good on the first layer and pretty average on the second layer. I find that that is the way it is with many textures.

I made a dry marble out of it. I used a black: OPI’s Never have too Mani Friends, a red: Masura’s Can I just take a Glance, and a silver holo: KBShimmer’s Pt Young Thing.

This is the final mani including topcoat.


I love the mix of colours here.


Here’s Mega Orange on its own; two coats. Isn’t it just a gorgeous orange?


This is the four polishes I used for my manicure.


I really like dry brush manicures. Perhaps I should do them more often! :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: First coat good, second coat average
Finish: Texture with shimmer
Overall impression: Great colour and formula and I love the colour
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. What a great manicure sweetie! I've never tried this technique. This orange is super nice and positive. Smuack ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try it, it's really easy :) Mmwah! <3

      Delete
  2. I am in love with the orange but the marble looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow..this is so so beautiful...the mixed colors and textures look amazing. good job with this nail art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely vivid nail art, like painted glass!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW, the orange nail polish is magnificent and you made such a perfect nail art on it, flawless outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is gorgeous. I have a couple of this brand too. This one and Candy Apple.

    ReplyDelete