Saturday, June 23, 2018

A England ~ Nocturne


A England ~ Nocturne
Described as: Twilight black with a red nuance revealing at times its prismatic spectacle.

I usually only use black as underwear or in nail art, and that’s why I don’t usually buy black indie polishes. I received Nocturne in a grab bag and was eager to see the “red nuance” in real life. I can see a bit of holographic “stuff” on the inside of the bottle. It doesn’t look red to me, but perhaps it needs a specific lighting to show its red side.

The formula of the polish is good though. I used two coats but I honestly think I could have got away with just one. The coverage is really good and so is the drying time.

I found my skull designs on the stamping plate (Chinese letters) L-035. I bought it from Aliexpress a while ago. I used El Corazón’s white stamping polish for the stamps. I painted the roses pink with a mix of W7’s “It’s Pink” and a bit of clear topcoat.

Here’s the final manicure photographed in the sunshine.

A England ~ Nocturne

Here’s another picture. I really dig this!

A England ~ Nocturne

Here’s Nocturne on its own; two coats and no topcoat. I didn’t see any red nuances in it. It’s just black with a bit of “dust” in it.

A England ~ Nocturne

And these are the polishes and the stamping plate I used to today’s nails.


It was about time I tried that stamping plate, because I have had it for quite a while. It’s so cool with lots of great designs on it.


Number of coats: 2 but 1 would probably be enough
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Well… I honestly don’t want to call it a holo. A super subtle shimmer perhaps?
Overall impression: Nice quality and formula. I’m not impressed with the effect
Buy again: No

6 comments:

  1. I cant see the holo nor any shimmer on black polish while its applied. I love the stamping. I am sucker for skull. so its winner for me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I didn't see red in the black, but overall it is a nice black, also alone!

    ReplyDelete