Sunday, November 25, 2018

China Glaze ~ OMG


China Glaze ~ OMG
Silver linear holo

I was very excited when I first saw that China Glaze was re-releasing their OMG-collection. The original collection came out in 2008, before I started collecting nail polish. I have managed to snatch a few of the original polishes in blog sales and suchlike, but not all of them. The OMG flashback collection holds 6 out of the original 12 colours. I bought the entire set.

First one on the nails is OMG, the silver linear holo.

I felt that the formula was a bit difficult to work with. It seems jelly-like in the most annoying way. It dragged and left bald spots after the first layer. I was super careful with layer number two and managed to get full coverage with two layers. The drying time is really good.

I added some cute floral/lacy water decals that I bought recently.

This is the result in the sun, including topcoat.

China Glaze ~ OMG

The rainbows are not impressive, are they? Not even in the sun.

China Glaze ~ OMG

This is two coats and no topcoat yet. The photo is taken in the sun. I kinda expected more impressive rainbows to be honest.

China Glaze ~ OMG

Here are the two things I used today.


First impression: Hmm! I expected more impressive rainbows and I wasn’t impressed with the formula. I hope the sisters will behave a bit better.

Here are links to all the polishes in the OMG Flashback collection – the links will show up as I publish the blog posts.

OMG – a silver linear holographic



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Linear holo
Overall impression: I like the colour in the sun. In the shade it’s just grey
Buy again: Yes, I probably would anyway

4 comments:

  1. I saw this collection in a store in US and it didn`t speak to me, I didn`t buy any...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I wish I had seen these in a store in US. I would have bought them on the spot :D

      Delete
  2. Your impression is that the rainbows are not impressive, but I like it anyway! :-) And, the final result is awesome, I really love the look of those black water decal flowers on silver! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very sweet. I really like these too, I just expected way more rainbow effect :)

      Delete