Friday, November 9, 2018

Gina Tricot ~ Lemonade


Gina Tricot ~ Lemonade
Pastel yellow with shimmer

Gina Tricot is a clothing store that also sells accessories. I was in the shop to buy a pair of sunglasses. While I waited in line to pay for my sunnies, I browsed through a box of polishes that the shop had strategically placed next to the queue. I found this little pretty polish along with two sisters and bought them along with what I originally came for.

The formula is good and I used two coats for full opacity. This yellow actually behaves and doesn’t streak or drag!

When it was dry I applied a layer of foil glue, and when that was nice and sticky I applied two colours of foil onto the glue: A red and a blue.

I sealed the whole thing up with a layer of water based topcoat.

This is my foil manicure:

Gina Tricot ~ Lemonade

I really like the randomness of the foil patterns, and also the colour scheme.

Gina Tricot ~ Lemonade

I forgot to take photos of “Lemonade” on its own. I’m sure y’all survive that :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: That’s a nice little basic polish, I love the shimmer in it
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. ..."strategically placed next to the queue"... how true it is! I work in a supermarket and I know exactly what it means :-)
    I've never worked with foil, I must admit that the final result is very eye-catching! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love foil manicures but they really have a life of their own. Sometimes it just works and other times it doesn't work at all :D

      Delete