Thursday, August 6, 2020

A England: Nevermore


A England: Nevermore
Ruby red holographic

Here's what A England write about "Nevermore" on their website:

The raven’s provocative cry, and the only word it utters in response to the distraught narrator’s questions, ‘nevermore’ evolves from the answer to the bird’s name to a prophecy of the more macabre. When it is finally told to leave, it is this reply of “nevermore" that serves as a prophetic warning that he will never again see Lenore or rid himself of the bird. 

The formula of "Nevermore" is on the thick side and the polish dries really fast. That means that it wasn't really easy to get close to my cuticles without actually getting polish on the cuticles. I did my best though and think I did pretty good.

I made two simple stripes on my nails: A baby pink and a silvery glitter. The pink is a stamping polish from El Corazón, "st-matte-106". The silvery glitter is "Glitter-Iffic" from China Glaze.

This is the end result, including a layer of topcoat.

A England: Nevermore
A England: Nevermore

I really like to keep it simple like this.

A England: Nevermore
A England: Nevermore

This is "Nevermore" alone; two coats and a layer of topcoat.

A England: Nevermore
A England: Nevermore

These are the polishes I used today.

A England: Nevermore, China Glaze: Glitter-Iffic, El Corazón: st-matte-106
A England: Nevermore, China Glaze: Glitter-Iffic, El Corazón: st-matte-106

I really like "Nevermore", but I think I'll thin it a bit before I use it next time.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Holographic
Overall impression: Really awesome colour, good quality, formula a bit thick
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Mine was thick too. And not a strong holo effect. Nice enough :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like my polishes on the thick side but this was a little much :D

      Delete