Monday, August 10, 2020

Pahlish: Lightning Ridge

Pahlish: Lightning Ridge
A soft aqua grey with a mix of opalescent flakes and green shimmer

"Lightning Ridge" is from the "For The Love Of Polish"-box for April 2020. The theme for this particular box is "Opal".

The formula is a bit sheer and a bit lumpy because of all the flakies. I used three coats for full opacity and the drying time is good.

I am not a fan of grey polishes as a rule, so I decided to make it a bit more festive with a deep pink stamping polish from KADS. The design is from the stamping plate "Nicole Diary-085".

This is the final result.

Pahlish: Lightning Ridge

I like both the stamp and the pink shimmer in this.

Pahlish: Lightning Ridge

Here's "Lightning Ridge" alone; three coats and a layer of topcoat to even out the "lumpy" feeling.

Pahlish: Lightning Ridge
Pahlish: Lightning Ridge

These are the things I used today.


Here are links to the other two polishes in the April 2020 FTLOP-box:

"Lightning Ridge" is my least favourite of this box. I wish it was more colourful than grey.


Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Flakes and shimmer
Overall impression: Hm, no, I'm not wowed at all
Buy again: No

4 comments:

  1. I like "stealth" flakies like this ... nice to wear something quieter now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks okay. I do take a notion for a grey from time to time!

    ReplyDelete