Sunday, August 2, 2020

Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue


Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue
Metallic greyish blue with shimmer

Today I'm wearing an older Kiko. The formula is great and so is the coverage. It's possible to get away with one single coat. I used two coats though and the drying time is good.

I applied a layer of Color Club's "Pearl-Spective", which is a pearly pink shimmer topper.

The I stamped on top of it all. The design is from the stamping plate "Marianne Nails No. 03". I stamped with Colour Alike's stamping polish "We Can Boogie".

This is the end result of my efforts today.

Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue  with Color Club: Pearl-Spective

I think the hot pink looks really great on this. It perks it all up.

Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue  with Color Club: Pearl-Spective

Here's a picture to show off Color Club's shimmer "Pearl-Spective". It's one coat of the shimmer topper over two coats of Kiko's #517 "Metallic Steel Blue".

Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue  with Color Club: Pearl-Spective
Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue  with Color Club: Pearl-Spective

And this is Kiko #517 Metallic Steel Blue; two coats on its own.

Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue
Kiko: #517 Metallic Steel Blue

These are the things I used today.


Kiko #517 Metallic Steel Blue is a good basic polish. I know that many aren't crazy about the finish but I honestly like it. And Kiko make great quality polishes as a rule.



Number of coats: 2, but it's possible to get away with 1 coat
Drying time: Good
Finish: Metallic
Overall impression: Good quality, nice finish
Buy again: Yes

3 comments:

  1. Looks great and love how you have built the mani up :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many pretty toppers, I need to use them :D
      Thank you ♥

      Delete