Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Arcane Lacquer ~ Hearts Ignite & Liquid Fear



Arcane Lacquer ~ Hearts Ignite & Liquid Fear
Dark purple with magenta shimmer & Magenta with orange flecks with blue shimmer

Today I seriously didn’t know where my mani was going when I started it. Stay tuned and see how simple it all ended up being.

I started out with two layers of Hearts Ignite and Liquid Fear. They both got the same good formula – easy to apply and covering in two coats. Drying time between the coats is average. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures.

Two coats, one layer of topcoat:


I love the little flecks in Liquid Fear, that makes it so much more than just another magenta.


I thought I was going to stamp on at least one nail, make stripes or dots on a couple of other nails and then add some glitter to the rest of them. That’s what I had in mind when I rummaged around my Helmer to find a suitable glitter. Then I saw Emily de Molly’s “Fashion Victim”, which is a bright pink jelly with various sizes of glitters in it. I have actually worn it before but never shown it on the blog because it photographed really badly compared to how pretty it actually was on the nails. But here I thought that I could use it as a topper! I looked to see if I could find a suitable glittertopper for Hearts Ignite and I chose Cheshire from Crowstoes. It’s a clear base with various sized of purple, golden and silver glitters and hexes.

I applied a layer of glitter on each of the polishes, applied another layer of Poshé topcoat, and here you go, sweet ladies, my final mani:


I know it’s simple, but I’ve been wearing a lot of holos lately and my glitters do feel a little bit neglected and that’s a shame.


The glitters matches their undies just perfectly!


Here are the four polishes united:


Verdict:
I’d wear all these polishes again for sure!

16 comments:

  1. Love this. I'm so glad you were able to find matching glitters in your collection :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was glad too, these were just perfect for the purpose! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, I liked the first photos, but even more when the glitter was added - it looks so perfectly yummy and squishy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You liked it more with the glitter! Wow, Maria, that's amazing! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. Both really pretty and they look so great with the glitters :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Layered with the glitter polish looks much better than without. Great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's the simple maniures that is the best. I love both polishes with the glitter on top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, simplicity is often a big plus :)

      Delete
  6. This is a really perfect match! :)

    ReplyDelete