Monday, April 28, 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 11: Deep Purple ~ Gipsy’s Kiss


I’ve been looking forward to this particular challenge. Not because I had in mind what to do, because I had no clue, but I do really like Deep Purple.

But after having been excited over the song choice for a while, I started to think about how I would interpret it. I knew that I wanted to include purple, but how on earth do you interpret “Gipsy’s Kiss”? I was around clothing, colours, impressions of gipsy’s lives, you name it. This is the mani I ended up with:


Do you like it? Here’s the gipsy that inspired me:


Disney’s Esmaralda from the Hunchback of Notre Dame! I found my inspiration in her clothes.


The light blue is Darling Diva’s Blue Diamond; a lovely sky blue holo. It’s a dream – and it’s a one coater. The gold stripes are made with Sally Hansen’s Gilded Lily from the Salon line. And the deep purple on my tips is Pahlish’s My Bespoke Psychopath, a beautiful holo, also a one coater.


Here’s what the mani looks like in lower lights and without flash:


Here’s the Darling Diva “Blue Diamond” I used as my base colour. This, sweet ladies, is one coat only!


And here are the polishes I used.



That was the elleventh challenge in my Music Mani Monday. Next week is the last one up: Royals with Lorde. Please stay tuned.


Now please head over to the other girls to see what they came up with!


17 comments:

  1. I love this mani so much! Not only because it's gorgeous but because of what it's inspired by. It's perfect and so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the process of challenges, they really make you think about what to do :)
      Thank you SO much! <3

      Delete
  2. All the polishes are gorgeous by themselves, but combined they are like a dream!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this mani!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the colours you used here. This manicure definitely shows a lot of skill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thrilled that you like it! Thanks for the kind words :)

      Delete
  5. I adore this manicure :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, I really like it! And I love that you got inspired by Esmeralda (I'm a big disney fan) :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty re-creation of the dress!

    ReplyDelete