Saturday, April 19, 2014

NailNation 3000 and Chaos & Crocodiles



NailNation 3000 ~ Fab-A-Doodle & Debutant
purple linear holographic & pink with holo dust

Chaos & Crocodiles ~ Glitternomb
Clear base with various sizes and shapes of glitter in pink, baby blue, mint and baby pink

Here’s another couple of NailNation 3000-polishes – these ones are in different shaped bottles than the other ones I have got. I like the other bottles better, but I’ll get back to that.

The formula is great, no problems to report with that. Opacity is good: Debutant, the pink, is a one coater. Fab-A-Doodle needs two coats. Drying time is good.

Let me show you what they look like. Two coats of each, picture is taken with flash:


Fab-A-Doodle is linear holographic, whereas Debutant has holo dust spread throughout the polish.


Here’s what they look like in low lights.


I don’t know what you think, but I must admit that there’s no sign of the desired holo magic! I mean, I like both the purple and the pink, and I’m sure the pink can be used as a stamping polish, but… All I feel is “meh”!

So I did what I do when everything else fails: I added glitter. Glitternomb by Chaos & Crocodiles called out for me when I looked into the box of untrieds. It’s a fantastic glitter, full of softer colours and then the in your face pink glitters to give it a bit of edge. 

You know the drill: One dip in the bottle per nail. I did have to spread the larger glitters a bit around on my nails, but I honestly don’t see that as a big deal.

When it was dry I applied a thick layer of H K Girl topcoat and at this point I didn’t feel “meh” any more. Glitter just makes everything better!


I didn’t know there was hearts in Glitternomb, but I love that!


And the final picture is taken with flash to see if the rainbows had disappeared, but they hadn’t. Good!



Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Pretty good
Durability: Good
Overall impression: I am a bit disappointed in the NailNation 3000-polishes, but the Chaos & Crocodiles made everything much better
Buy again: No to the NailNation, Yes to the Chaos & Crocodiles.

4 comments: