Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Smitten Polish ~ Amas Veritas



Smitten Polish ~ Amas Veritas
hot pink jelly packed with tiny fuchsia holographic glitter

I am on a Smitten Polish roll at the moment. After having worn both “Love Actually is All Around” and “I Never Drink… Wine” I dived into the box of untrieds and found two Smittens more. My boyfriend chose that Amas Veritas was first in line to be worn of the two.

Amas Veritas is latin and it roughly means “true love”. The name is is taken from the movie Practical Magic. It's the spell that little Sally Owens casts to summon her true love.

Anyway – back to the polish. The formula is great for a jelly. It’s easy to apply and covers well. Two coats is what it takes, and drying time between coats is good. And seriously: I love this polish.

Here’s what two coats and a layer of Poshé looks like:


Isn’t that just lovely!!


I love the holographic microglitter, it really does magic to the polish.


I stamped on it. I used a bright red from Sally Hansen’s Insta-Dri line called “Rapid Red”. It is the perfect red stamping polish if you ask me. I used two designs from Moyou’s stamping plate “Pro collection-15”. Another layer of Poshé topcoat finished the mani, that ended up looking like this:


Here it is from a slightly different angle.


The stamping is slightly more subtle in real life than the pictures here suggest, but I really, really like pink and red together!

I think I might wear the last Smitten polish tomorrow. Not sure yet though, but maybe :)

Here’s the spell Sally Owens casted:




Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Jelly with microglitter
Overall impression: In your face pink with glitter, just like I want it!
Buy again: Yes

12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I don't own it but I did get Klaatu Barada Nikto, which is another great one from that collection, even though I haven't worn it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, I will check that out dor sure! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow it's soooo beautiful, love the colour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my eyes on this for a long time, I'm afraid you just pushed me over the edge LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pink and great design :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this pink :)

    ReplyDelete