Sunday, April 20, 2014

Arcane Lacquer ~ Paucity



Arcane Lacquer ~ Paucity
Indigo base with blue to magenta flecks with berry pink hexes and gun metal hexes with a sprinkling of silver holo hexes

I was lucky to snatch this polish from Arcane Lacquer. It’s a limited edition product that I bought with a bunch of other non-limited (unlimited?) polishes. It’s deep blurple with a splash of various glitters throughout.

Application was a breeze. The glitters spread out easily and didn’t make lumps of glitter on the nails. Drying time is average, and it took two easy coats to make it look its best. I applied a layer of Poshé topcoat before I took my pictures.

Here’s two coats plus a layer of topcoat:


See how fine that glitter looks? It’s like a purple night sky!


Mmm… I like it!


I stamped on it. I used a Fauxnad stamping plate called W202 and I used Color Club’s Halo-Graphic from the Halo Hues collection as my stamping polish. It’s pink and it’s super holo!

Here’s my final mani:


I think the fine rose motif looks good on the relatively dark background.


Another lightbox picture:


And then the sun came out for a very short visit! I was SO lucky to manage to catch a picture of my mani in the sun:


How about that, is that cool or what? :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Durability: Good
Removal: Harder The glitters were a challenge, but not a big one for a glitter lover like myself!
Overall impression: Deep, blurple, beautiful
Buy again: Yes

3 comments:

  1. OMG - that is simply soooo gorgeous!
    And with the stamping it looks like rare, expensive and beautiful brocade - love it so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I'm really pleased to hear that :)

      Delete