Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #045



Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #045
Purple with purple shimmer

Here’s the third sister from the little BornPrettyStore haul I bought last.
I’ve already shown you the blue #51 and the rosy pink #50 – click the names to be taken to the respective posts if you missed them.

The formula is good and fast drying. It covers well like its sisters. I used two coats for full and even coverage.

I made it into a manicure I didn’t feel comfortable with :/ 
First I added a layer of holographic topcoat: Revlon’s ”Holographic Pearls”. But it honestly didn’t look very good. I love the topper but it works best with lighter shades than this one.

I didn’t take a picture of the holo topper step – but I thought I would cover the mistake up with a nice stamp. I picked a nice design from Lina’s stamping plate ”Feeling Shapely! 05”, and I used China Glaze’s ”Chrome is where the Heart is” as my stamping polish.

Here’s the final manicure including a layer of topcoat:

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #045

Like I said – this never grew on me. It’s a shame because the base polish is super pretty – I just covered it up too much.

Here’s two layers of #045 before topcoat. Look how pretty it is!

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #045

Here are the polishes and the stamping plate I used.


That was the last sister out of the three I bought. It might be my favourite of the bunch. It isn’t the polish’s fault that I overdid it after all!

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Great polish. I love the colour, the shimmer and the formula
Buy again: Yes

14 comments: