Monday, November 20, 2017

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #050



Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #050
Rosy pink with very subtle shimmer

This polish didn’t even make it to the box of untrieds! It went directly from the mailbox onto the desk and then onto my nails. Admittedly: It did sit on the desk for a couple of weeks but that’s mostly because the infamous box isn’t easily available at the moment.

Anyway: The formula is good and fast drying. It covers really well – I even think that this polish would work for stamping too. I used two coats for full and even coverage.

The design is from the stamping plate Floral BPX-L002 and I stamped with a deep purple shimmery stamping polish, also from Born Pretty Store.

When that was all dry I applied a layer of China Glaze’s Fairy Dust.

This is the final manicure photographed in the evening sun.

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #050

I really like the floral design here.

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #050

Here’s two coats of #050 on its own; no topcoat yet. The sun makes the shimmer visible but it isn’t making a big fuss of itself in real life.

Born Pretty Store Nail Lacquer ~ #050

Here are the polishes and the stamping plate I used.


It’s been a while since I used my Fairy Dust so I thought it was about time. I love glittery toppers like it – but I must admit that it has got a huge competitor in Out the Door’s “Northern Lights”. The glitter is pretty in both of them but the drying time of Northern Lights is way faster, which is why it takes the place as my number one holo microglitter topper. In fact I am not even sure that I am going to buy a new bottle of Fairy Dust when I’ve used this one up! Amazing, huh?! 

Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Really good
Finish: Subtle shimmer
Overall impression: I like the coverage and the fast drying time a lot. The shimmer could have been a bit more visible.
Buy again: Yes

13 comments: