Saturday, November 25, 2017

Colores de Carol ~ Daydream



Colores de Carol ~ Daydream
Described as a shining coral red linear holo with orange green iridescent micro glitter

Daydream is from the Pure Imagination collection from Spring 2017. I agree that it’s coral, and a lovely one too, but I don’t see any iridescent microglitter of any kind. I don’t mind though, I just thought I’d mention it.

Today I tried to do stamping and apply foil over it for a lovely effect. I don’t quite have the hang of it yet, so the foil gets attached to the base polish as well – which means that the stamping design is impossible to see. I have to figure out what I’m doing wrong.

Daydream is a really nice polish to apply. It took two coats to achieve full opacity. The drying time was average, which is why I applied a layer of fast drying topcoat before I started stamping. I didn’t want the foil to stick to the still tacky polish.

Let me show you the final manicure before I start talking about my efforts.

Colores de Carol ~ Daydream

The first picture is taken with flash and this second picture is taken in ordinary daylight, no sun.

I love the colours together but it isn’t exactly easy to see that the designs are peacock feathers, is it?

Colores de Carol ~ Daydream

Here’s two coats of Daydream. The picture is taken with flash and before I added any sort of topcoat.

Colores de Carol ~ Daydream

Here are the things I used. The stamping polish is from Moyra and is meant for foils and glitters. The stamping plate is my favourite peacock stamping plate, it’s EDM04 from Emily de Molly.


The finger that ended up closest to something I’d want is my pointer and that’s the nail I did last. I put a minimum of pressure on it when I applied the foil so that’s probably the way I’m going to try and do it next time too.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Linear holo (apparently with microglitter even though I don’t see it)
Overall impression: I like the rainbow effect a lot
Buy again: I don’t think so

10 comments: