Monday, November 27, 2017

Picture Polish ~ Moody Blues



Picture Polish ~ Moody Blues
Blue with silver shimmer and sparse red microglitter

Moody Blues came out in Winter 2013 and yes, it has been sitting in the box of untrieds ever since. It sadly didn’t wow me when it arrived here.

Anyway – today’s mani was a total surprise for myself, since I had no idea where it was going when I began.

I started out with two layers of Moody Blues. The drying time was average.

The I made three random stripes on each nail with Color Club’s “Angel Kiss” and three additional magenta stripes with Essense’s “Beam Me Up!” from the “Out of Space Stories”-collection.
I sealed the whole thing up with another Essence polish, namely “Space Queen”, a lovely iridescent glitter topper.

So yes, it’s three “space polishes” over the Moody Blues, right here. This picture is taken with flash.

Picture Polish ~ Moody Blues

Here’s the same thing photographed in the light box to show off the lovely glitter.

Picture Polish ~ Moody Blues

And here’s two coats of Moody Blues on its own. I didn’t apply topcoat for the photo, but perhaps I should have to do the polish more justice. The photo is taken in daylight.

Picture Polish ~ Moody Blues

Here are the four polishes I used; The space polishes and a Moody! :D


Moody Blues are now discontinued. I think it’s a nice polish, but like I said: It doesn’t really wow me.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: It’s a pleasant blue
Buy again: No

10 comments: