Thursday, March 8, 2018

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Chip of the old Hollyhock



Lilypad Lacquer ~ Chip of the old Hollyhock
Described as vivid fuchsia crelly base with a scattered holographic effect as well as iridescent flakes mixed in

“Chip Off The Old Hollyhock” was a store exclusive for Color4Nails back in the beginning of 2017. I bought my bottle in a grab bag recently.

I don’t entirely agree with the colour description. I see this more as a coral colour than a fuchsia. I like it, I’m just puzzled over the fact that this seems to happen often for me with Lilypad Lacquers.

The formula is good though, and I used two coats for full opacity. The drying time is average.

I had originally planned to apply a floral water decal on my ring finger, but the water decal wouldn’t cooperate. I tried once, and it dented the white that I had used as a base on that finger. I repaired the dent, waited and tried with another decal, but that went even worse. So I removed the white and painted the ring finger with “Chip Off The Old Hollyhock” like the others.

I placed a “slice” of something fruity on the ring finger and made three dots on all the other nails. I used El Corazón’s stamping polish “Yellow Neon” for the dots.

Here’s my final manicure taken with flash.

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Chip of the old Hollyhock

And this is the same thing taken in ordinary daylight to show off the flakes.

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Chip of the old Hollyhock

These are the two polishes I used.

Lilypad Lacquer ~ Chip of the old Hollyhock

“Chip Off The Old Hollyhock” was limited edition and is no longer available.

Do you see this as fuchsia – or coral? I’m curious, so please do tell.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Scattered holo
Overall impression: It’s pretty, a good little polish for sure
Buy again: Yes

5 comments: