Monday, July 20, 2020

Walking down Memory Lane with Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces


Walking down Memory Lane with Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces
Dark teal jelly base with large and small teal circle glitter, and teal hex and small bar glitter

The Memory Lane-posts are supposed to feature polishes that I've had for a long time and that I want to show some more love. This post is different in the way that I haven't actually worn the featured polish before. I remember when it came out - the swatches of it were so beautiful and I just knew that I had to buy this polish. I bought it as fast as I could get a chance, but once it arrived along with its sister "Cosmic Forces", I never got around to actually wear it. They are a bit darker than I usually prefer and the big round circles (which look so gorgeous on girls with long nails) are a bit overwhelming for my short and relatively small nails. So they have both been sitting in the box ever since.

The formula is a bit tricky because of all the glitter. I had to fish for the big round glitters and I used two coats for my manicure today. A third coat would have made it even more perfect. The drying time was average.

The stamp is from Moyou London's stamping plate "Sailor Collection-07". I stamped with a stamping polish from El Corazón called "Turguoise".

This is the final result in the sun.

Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces

I like the result with the stamp, I think it's a nice combination.

Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces

This is "Oceanic Forces" alone; two coats and a layer of topcoat. This photo is taken under a lamp.

Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces
Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces

Here is the same thing in the sun.

Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces
Emily de Molly: Oceanic Forces

These are the things I used today.


Verdict: I still think that this polish is gorgeous, it's just not for me. The circle glitters are too big for my nails, and I'm not a huge fan of jelly-polishes. The colour is also a bit too dark for me. I think that I'll keep my bottle anyway, it holds a special place in my heart.


Number of coats: 2 - but I should have worn 3
Drying time: Average
Finish: Jelly with glitter
Overall impression: Nice effect
Buy again: I won't buy a backup bottle, but I'll keep this one

7 comments:

  1. It looks nice, I do like such polishes from time to time. And great mani :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those big circles can be tricky for sure. I'm glad you pulled this one out and used it finally ... I have a lot of polishes I still need to try. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am really trying to get through my pile. They can't leave the box before they've been on the nails :D

      Delete