Thursday, June 26, 2014

Kiko Life in Rio Sun Show - swatches



Kiko Life in Rio Sun Show ~ #469, 471, 472, 474 and 475
Swatches

It’s time for another batch of Kikos, this time it’s some of the Sun Show collection from spring 2014! There are 10 polishes in the collection, and I bought five of them. They’re all gorgeous shimmers, enjoying Kiko’s great quality.

All of the polishes have great formulas and I used two coats for each of my swatches. There is no topcoat involved – these babies are super shiny in themselves.

Let me show you what I’m talking about:


First one up is #469 Delicious Mango. It’s bright orange packed with golden and darker orange shimmers. I don’t buy many orange polishes because I don’t wear orange very often, but this one was too bright and cheerful to give a miss.

Two coats, no topcoat:


Look at that shimmer!


Verdict:
This is a seriously cool orange, I love it!!





Next one up is #471 Juicy Pitaya. It’s hot pink with something that looks like orange shimmer, and it’s very eye catching.

Two coats, no topcoat:


On this picture it shows that the shimmer has a different colour. I think it’s orange, or at least golden.


Verdict:
Keeper, that’s all there is to say! :D


Next one up is #472 Tasty Grapes. It’s purple with golden shimmer; so good it’s almost duochromatic!

Take a look – two coats:


Can you tell that the shimmer has got a different colour?


Verdict: This is funnily enough not one of my favourites. Pretty but not spectacular.


Next one up is #474 Luxurious Indigo. It’s an indigo base packed with purple shimmer. The shimmer was definitely not shy on the nails, but I had such a difficult time catching it on camera. Weird! I ended up taking the pictures in the bathroom, which is why my fingers suddenly have a much warmer tone to them. The pictures show the polish colour accurately.

Take a look:


The shimmer is amazingly pretty!


Verdict: This is also a cool colour and I like the shimmery effect.


Last one up is #475 Tropical Blue. It’s sky blue with what looks like indigo shimmer. Looking at the bottles it looks exactly the opposite of Luxurious Indigo that I just showed you.

Anyway, here’s what it looks like on the nails:


Wow, right? This is SO pretty!


Verdict: This is my favourite of the bunch. Even though the indigo shimmer was practically non existent on my nails, the colour is just amazing. I didn’t want to take this off :D

The polishes I didn’t buy was: #467 Quindim Gold, 468 Samba Pink, 470 Dainty Passion Fruit, 473 Precious Amethyst and 476 Joyful Emerald.

The collection was limited edition and is now discontinued.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Super shimmers!
Overall impression: Great collection with fantastic shimmers. I love the way Kiko added shimmers that complimented the polishes perfectly.
Buy again: Yes

19 comments:

  1. Very nice collection! I love how they are all shimmery! Gorgeous :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiko makes some really nice, shimmery collections in good colours. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  2. They're gorgeous all of them, but my favourite is #472 Tasty Grapes...;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tasty Grapes is a really nice purple, so I totally understand why :)

      Delete
  3. Gosh they are pretty! I love those fruity names :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Juicy Pitaya is my absolute nr 1 :) Then go all the blues. Pretty collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to hear that you like it too. I think this is a pretty cool collection :)

      Delete
  5. Juicy Pitaya is heading my way in a swap, but I really like Delicious Mango and Luxurious Indigo too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you've made sure to get the pink :D I'm not surprised :)

      Delete
  6. This is a wonderful collection! The orange one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in love with the orange too, it's really great :)

      Delete
  7. These are all super pretty! Not a single dud :P And I agree I think Tropical Blue is my fav out of the bunch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiko should get more blog-love for sure. It's such a cool brand :)

      Delete
  8. Wow. They're more pretty than I thought. Really cool and dense colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, they are all beautiful! Delicious Mango, Juicy Pitaya, and Tropical Blue all caught my eye for their brightness and intensity. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete