Sunday, June 8, 2014

NailNation 3000 ~ Fierce #5



NailNation 3000 ~ Fierce #5
Red holo with microglitter

I’ve got a red holo on the menu today. I like NailNation 3000’s polishes, and I seriously don’t know why they come in two so different kind of bottles.

But anyway, let me get down to business. The formula is good and so is the drying time. It takes two coats to achieve desired opacity. The sun is a tease, so let me show you what it looks like in flashlight.

Two coats and a layer of topcoat:


It’s a nice red, almost raspberry red.


The microglitter really shows when I turn the flashlight off, take a look:


I think the glitter is a really nice addition to the holo.


I would have done some green dots on this to represent strawberries or even raspberries, but unfortunately I dented it before I had the chance. So I took it all off after a couple of hours and applied another polish.

When I look at this polish in the bottle I really like it. On my nails not so much, unfortunately! I mean, the colour is nice and all, but no, it just doesn’t tick all the right boxes.

What do you think about this? Would you buy it?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Holo with matching microglitter
Overall impression: I love the colour and the glitter, and I honestly don’t know why I feel “meh” about this polish
Buy again: No

10 comments:

  1. I think I feel the same way, I don't know if my monitor is playing tricks with me, but it seems as if it has a hint of warm/copper/orange in the raspberry, making it more brick-red leaning, and that's a turn-off for me...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't see cobber, but I can see some muted-ness that puts me a little bit off. However much I want to love this, I can't :/

      Delete
  2. I haven't tried any of NailNation 3000’s polishes. This is very pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You should try them out, I think you'd like them :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not put off, I like it in the photos but you'll never know unless you wear it yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true - that's also why we sometimes end up buying polishes that aren't really for us :)

      Delete
  4. It's quite versatile (holo and glittery) but I'm not that taken by it either! :-|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a shame, because I usually really like NailNation's polishes :/

      Delete
  5. I think the color is nice and it looks nice on you, but I also get the "meh" feeling with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *sigh* Poor little polish. I almost feel sorry for it :D

      Delete