Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Born Pretty Store: Green Elf

Born Pretty Store: Green Elf
Dark green teal strong linear holo

Today's polish, "Green Elf", is so full of rainbows that it's actually hard to tell the colour of it just by looking at the bottle. But "Green Elf" is green, it shows on the nails.

The formula is good and covers well. I used two coats for full opacity. I have to mention the smell of this polish, which is odd. It smells more chemical than I am used to from Born Pretty Store. The drying time is good.

The stamp I used is from the stamping plate "PY-X007". I stamped with "Green Light", which is a lovely bright neon green stamping polish from Colour Alike.

This is my final result including a layer of topcoat.

Born Pretty Store: Green Elf
Born Pretty Store: Green Elf


Isn't this just lovely in the sun.

Born Pretty Store: Green Elf
Born Pretty Store: Green Elf

Here's "Green Elf" on its own, two coats and no topcoat.

Born Pretty Store: Green Elf
Born Pretty Store: Green Elf

Here are the polishes and the stamping plate I used today.


"Green Elf" is a lovely holographic polish. The only downside is the odd smell.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Strong linear holo
Overall impression: Great formula, finish and rainbows. The smell is not nice.
Buy again: Yes

4 comments:

  1. Also I noticed that most BP polishes usually have strong smell, but it disappears once you finish stamping and top coat... BP holographic polishes are very pretty, I have some of them and I like them! This one is a real beauty! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's weird with the smell, but they have definitely improved over the years in that respect :)

      Delete