Thursday, September 10, 2020

Sally Hansen: Black Platinum

Sally Hansen: Black Platinum
Black with grey/silver shimmer

"Black Platinum" has been sitting in the infamous box of untrieds for a very long time. It's a lovely black with some really great shimmer in it - but I just don't wear black very often. I have read that Sally Hansen's "Black Platinum" is a dupe for Chanel's "Black Pearl". I obviously don't own that, so I don't know if it is true.

The formula is a bit sheer for a black polish. I used three coats for my nails today because I wasn't quite happy with the two coats I started out with. The drying time is average.

This is what it looks like, three coats and no topcoat.

Sally Hansen: Black Platinum
Sally Hansen: Black Platinum

The shimmer in "Black Platinum" is really interesting.

Sally Hansen: Black Platinum
Sally Hansen: Black Platinum

Look at that!

Sally Hansen: Black Platinum
Sally Hansen: Black Platinum

Unfortunately I dented one of the nails in the process of photographing them, and I wasn't in the mood to reapply three coats of polish - so I ended up removing it all again. But anyway - now "Black Platinum" doesn't have to live in the box of untrieds any more.



Number of coats: 3
Drying time: Good
Finish: Shimmer
Overall impression: Really nice looking shimmer, formula thin for a black polish
Buy again: I don't really think so

4 comments: