Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Catrice Crushed Crystals ~ 01 Royal REDding



Catrice Crushed Crystals ~ 01 Royal REDding

It’s been months since I showed off my first Crushed Crystals (if you missed the post you can see them right here), and now I finally managed to get my hands of the red beauty of the collection: Royal REDding.

Royal REDding is a red jelly base with red micro glitter, and it’s a texture. The application is easy and I used two coats for these pictures. The drying time between the coats is pretty good.

So: Here’s two coats and no topcoat:


I love the way the microglitters sparkle. Both these two pictures are taken in my lightbox, because the sun sulked and refused to shine!


I love reds with microglitter, they’re SO beautiful. I should have kept it like this but I didn’t. I made two lines of small stripes down the side of my nails and I applied a layer of Barry M’s Crystal Glaze on top of it all. It’s a flakie and it’s usually really pretty. But take a look at how it ended up looking like:


I’m not crazy about this myself. I think there’s way too much going on.


So that wasn’t my most successful experience with the pretty flakie. I think I will use it for more “simple” polishes in future; polishes that don’t have a lot going on themselves too.

The Crushed Crystals was a limited edition collection and is now discontinued.

21 comments:

  1. I love that red!! I think Crystal Glaze is beautiful over it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so good to hear, because I wasn't sure it was the right choice :)

      Delete
  2. Probably my favourite shade of red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Royal REDding swatched. Finally it went to Ananka for a swap as I have a few similar to this one and she didn't know the Catrice brand. The fuchsia one is my favourite of this series, but I like the Royal... too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks again for this! It was my first experience with Catrice and I really like it! It looks good on you too and I like what you've done with the Barry M :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks to you both. I love Catrice's polishes, I think they are generally good quality and interesting colours. :)

      Delete
  4. This is a beautiful polish, I've only tried the purple one but the red looks really pretty. I also love using Crystal Glaze :D I wore my crushed crystal with copious amounts of top coat to make all the sparkle dance :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thrilled to hear that I'm not the only one who topcoat my textures to make the sparkles come to life more! :D

      Delete
  5. I agree with Helena LOL - and I like the flakies on it too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I knew you would say that! I'm happy that you like it with flakies! :)

      Delete
  6. Pretty red but but the teture looks a bit strange...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah well, it didn't end up being textured after all :D

      Delete
  7. gorgeous red! I agree reds with microglitter are really pretty! I personally prefer this one on it's own too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just can't stop buying them, they're sooo pretty :D

      Delete
  8. I like it with the flakies! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you don't think I overdid it with the flakies :)

      Delete