Friday, August 29, 2014

Smitten Polish ~ Her name was Rose



Smitten Polish ~ Her name was Rose
Raspberry base packed with hologlitter

Here’s another hologlittery polish from Smitten. I really like Smittens, they’ve made some really cool stuff, and Her Name Was Rose is no exception.

Formula is great and the polish dries really fast. It took two coats to get rid of any visible nail line and the polish was extremely easy to work with. All the right boxes ticked, no worries.

I had sunshine available, hurra! So here’s two coats and no topcoat taken in the sun:


That glittery holo goodness just looks amazing!


Her Name Was Rose is also pretty in lower lights.


The polish called for flowers, so I dotted some flowers on it. I used a regular white crème from Savina called “French White” for the petals and Smitten Endless Sunset (which I showed you HERE – LINK) mixed with a bit of white for better opacity for the middle of the flowers. I used a regular dotting tool to make the flowers. There’s a layer of topcoat to seal it all up too.

Here is my final mani taken in the sunshine:


I really like this!


It’s been a while since I dotted flowers on my nails, and this is definitely my best attempt so far. Do you like my little flowers?


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Fast
Finish: Orange base with holo micro glitter, dries up semi-gritty
Overall impression: A great orange, I love the effect and the finish  
Buy again: Yes

I bought Her name was Rose from Edgy Polish, which fortunately ships internationally!

10 comments:

  1. I think this one was my favorite from the collection - lovely swatches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love it too, it's a must have amongst Smittens :) Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. The flowers are cute! And Smitten polishes are worth a try it seems!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can recommend Smittens for sure, I love the ones I've got :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous and I love those sparkles :-) Pretty flowers too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it with the flowers! :)

    ReplyDelete