Sunday, August 3, 2014

CrowsToes ~ Huginn & Muninn



CrowsToes  ~ Huginn & Muninn
Blue based purple to green duochrome

I was thrilled when I first heard that CrowsToes was coming out with a collection based on Norse Mythology! I knew that I needed to own at least a few. I started out with buying three of them, of which Huginn & Muninn is the first one on this blog.

In Norse mythology, Huginn (from Old Norse "thought") and Muninn (Old Norse "memory") are a pair of Ravens that fly all around the world (“Midgard”) and bring, literally, the news of the world to the god Odin. And indeed, the news is that this polish has the beautiful colours of Ravens’ feathers.

Huginn & Muninn works on its own, it doesn’t require black underwear or special basecoats. Two easy coats is all it takes to achieve desired opacity. Drying time is pretty average, and the polish dries up pretty and shiny. Lovely.

Take a look at two coats, no topcoat:


The colour shift is really amazing in this polish:


I love these colours!


I added a bit of glitter by the base of my nails. I dapped Golden Rose #08 from the Carnival collection, and sealed the whole thing up with a layer of topcoat. Here’s my final mani:


Verdict:
Huginn & Muninn is spot on colourwise. The formula is good and I love the fact that I don’t have to wear black underneath the polish. It’s a winner for sure!

I regret that I sponged on that glitter, I honestly thought it would match the colours better.


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Average
Finish: Strong purple to green colour shifter
Overall impression: Good polish with a strong colour shift. I love where the inspiration came from!
Buy again: Yes indeedy.

You can buy the Nine Realms collection from norwaynails.com.
You can find more info on NorwayNail’s Facebook page, link here.

Norway Nails have kindly offered my readers a 10% discount code. Just use the code RAINBOWIFYME10 at checkout, and you'll be getting 10% off your purchase.

12 comments:

  1. I love this one too, and am so happy to have it :)
    You captured the shift so well - great photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that pleases me a lot to hear :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this nail polish makes an impression! It changes shades and it's much visible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great colourshifter, I really like it myself too :)

      Delete
  3. I love this colour so much, that I bought a backup. I think it's one of my top 5 polishes. It's a close dupe to Nubar Peacock feathers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased to hear that it's a close dupe to Peacock Feather because I never managed to get my hands on that one :)

      Delete
  4. *faints* I love this kinda polish anything iridescent and I'm reeled in! This one really dazzles for sure! The addition of the GR glitter is so good :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shifts in this polish. Love the glitter that you added. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huginn & Muninn is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete