Saturday, August 2, 2014

Kicks ~ 101



Kicks ~ 101
Purple based burgundy with blue micro flecks

I bought this polish in Sweden a brazillion years ago because I loved the look of the pretty flecks in it. Let us see if it lives up to my expectations, shall we?

The formula is good and it takes two coats to make it opaque. The drying time between the coats is pretty slow, unfortunately. But it’s real pretty, that’s for sure.

Take a look at two coats and no topcoat:


Nice colour, isn’t it? If I twist my fingers a little bit, you’ll also be able to see the pretty flecks:


Ooh yes, I loves them flecks!!


I stamped on it with my newest stamping plate from Moyou London. It’s called Punk collection-05 and I stamped with Penny Talk from Essie’s Mirror collection.

Here’s my final mani:


This pattern reminds me of flocked wallpaper, and if I had seen flocked wallpaper with little skulls for sale here, then I’d probably decorate at least one room with it :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Slow
Finish: Shimmer with microflecks
Removal: No problems
Overall impression: I love the colour and the flecks, but I’m not crazy about the drying time
Buy again: No

12 comments:

  1. Aww, it's gorgeous, I think it might be a Chanel Taboo dupe...
    The gold stamping is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty colour and I like the design too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the color combination! great stamping too... it actually kind of reminded me of baroque when I looked at just the small picture and didn't see the skulls :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a nice image, baroque - I like that a lot! Little baroque skulls :)

      Delete
  4. Great color. The stamping adds such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous mani! I love the polish in itself also, but with the stamping it looks stunning really. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very beautiful manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete