Saturday, August 16, 2014

OPI ~ Yodel me on my Cell & Snowflakes in the Air



OPI ~ Yodel me on my Cell &  Snowflakes in the Air
Blue shimmer & Silver/holo glittermix

Yodel me on my Cell is from the Swiss collection from Autumn 2010, but I just bought it recently.

The formula is ok, but the coverage isn’t amazing. I used three coats before I was satisfied with the coverage. Drying time is average.

Here is three coats and no topcoat:


I love this colour so much!


I wanted my mani simple today, so all I did was to apply a layer of glitter. I used another OPI for this purpose, namely Snowflakes in the air. It wasn’t part of a collection, it was only available in the “Top This”-trio which included a matte topcoat and an ordinary topcoat.

One dip in the bottle per nail as usual. I had to dap the glitter around to get an even coverage of glitter, but it wasn’t a big deal to be honest.

I finished with a layer of topcoat, and here’s my final mani:


I like the mix of blue and silver, so I obviously think this is cool.


Some days I’m not just in the mood for nail art, and then it’s nice to have glitters like this in my collection. 


Number of coats: 3 / 1
Drying time: Average
Finish: Shimmer / Glitter
Overall impression: I’m not impressed with Yodel’s formula and coverage but I love the colour. The glitter is just great!
Buy again: No / Yes

24 comments:

  1. I have Snowflakes in the Air and I love it! The shade of Yodel is pretty and all in all your mani looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased to find Snowflakes in the Air on special - I snatched it the moment I saw it! :D

      Delete
  2. Yodel on my cell is a bit to teal for me - but I actually like it with the glitter :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, at least it ended up in a way you appreciate :D

      Delete
  3. How beautiful looks your manicure :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks very nice with the glitter on top :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look great together! That glitter is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much, it pleases me to hear that you like it :)

      Delete
  6. What a pretty combination of colours! I love the blue and glitter together :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snowflakes in the air is very pretty. Looks like a useful polish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I imagine it can be used over pretty much everything :)

      Delete
  8. I love this combo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love Snowflakes in the Air! I don't remember seeing this glitter topper before... must have been before I got into polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OPI makes an almost ridiculous amount of collections so it can be a little tricky to keep up - I know I've got trouble in that respect :)

      Delete
  10. That's such a gorgeous combination! The glitters look fabulous against the dark blue base. Love it! :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it's great to hear you like it :)

      Delete